Industrial Engineer and Lean (CBS) Engineer
Industrial Engineer and Lean (CBS) Engineer
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Hogansville, GA location is seeking a CBS Engineer/Lean Manufacturing Manager/CBS Coach to join our team. The ideal candidate is a team player, dependable, and works well within a team environment.
• Coach/train in all relevant areas of all lean topics (e.g. lean admin, lean development, lean manufacturing, etc.) and lean methods (e.g. 5s, process mapping/value stream mapping, TPM, standardized work, CIP, etc.)Leading cross teams CBS activities in the whole plant, moderate and facilitate method and tools implementation to each focus factory, plant service.
• Coach business unit organization and develop business unit/division leaders in CBS philosophy
• Organize milestones and reporting structure for Continental Business Systems (CBS) projects and assist in development of CBS standards and training
• Initiate and develop all lean activities and structural optimization activities in the defined area of responsibility with the Hogansville plant and ensure the success of program will have a lasting effect
• Define targets for processes in alignment with the division, business unit, and the plant
• Give structure feedback/lessons learned back to the global CBS
• Align cross business unit/division topics and coordinate common activities Perform moderation of meetings, workshops and coaching from change processes and activities
• Develop projects at the business unit in alignment with the global CBS
• Support and adjust CBS project roadmap(s) and workshop(s) schedule and support workshops and coach CBS trainers on site projects
• Drive cross divisional communication
• Support business unit in getting the necessary expertise for CBS principles and methods
• Identify competency gaps and close them in alignment with CBS competency management/training partners
• Assist in promotion of culture changes and foster the mechanism of lean approach within business unit and its locations
• Implement and guarantee that the Business Team structure is in place and followed according to the guidelines
• Perform audits and assessment as required
• Fulfill the role of PROMT coach (project management tool) for the plant and related duties
• Align improvement activities and balance resources in the plant.
• Support CBS roadmap implementation with defined specific KPI as measurement."
• Support to identify (cross-functional) improvement potential and initiate improvement projects for SW/Space planning/CI
• Implement lean manufacturing methodology including: Kaikaku and Kaizen approach, 5S, and others as needed.
• Support lean and Kaizen activities for FF
• Train specified CBS methods and tools within the plant (and focus factories)
• Organizing best practice sharing.
• Support to create, sustain and continuously improve defined standards"
• Ensure communication within the network with each FF.
• Ensure active participation of the plant in the CBS Network communities.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor degree or master degree or comparable in Industrial Engineering or Lean Manufacturing
• 5 or more years of experience administering or facilitating training or lean focused programs
• 2 years experience in Lean admin/Manufacturing
• Experience in project management skill
• Must have strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills to work across all functions in a manufacturing environment
• Experience collaborating with international teams
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
• Textiles or rubber manufacturing experience
• Process Engineering experience
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• Relocation expenses and sign on bonus may be considered as added benefits for this position.
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!