Field Sales Trainee
Field Sales Trainee
For the last 150 years, Continental Tire has been changing the way the world moves by making mobility safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Continental Tire the Americas, headquartered in Fort Mill, South Carolina, is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Field Sales Coordinator to join our Passenger and Light Truck group in a major city market in the U.S.! The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
*This role will likely start in January 2022
This is an entry-level field sales position designed to lay the groundwork for a successful, long-term career with Continental, a global leader in future mobility solutions. The initial assignment will involve a six-month (predominately virtual) training program that provides a comprehensive understanding of the tire industry, our company, our sales strategy, and our customers. The training program will include extensive exposure to different departments across the Continental organization, opportunities to actively contribute while learning through special project assignments, participation in sales and management courses offered by the leading third-party training providers, and when conditions allow, travel with our current field sales managers to gain hands-on experience.
Upon successful completion of the training program, field sales coordinators can look forward to:
• Territory assignment in a major U.S. market plus a relocation package to cover the costs of moving
• Graduation bonus
• Company car and gas card
• Corporate credit card for all travel and business expenses
• Increased earning potential through Continental’s Sales Incentive Bonus Program on top of a competitive base salary
The field sales coordinator position offers a significant amount of responsibility and independence compared to other entry-level roles. This autonomy is paired with the support, mentorship, and resources needed to ensure not only sales success, but also professional and personal growth for each coordinator. \\
• Achieve incremental annual sales growth in assigned territory by building relationships with and supporting Continental’s retail and/or wholesale customers
• Conduct regular in-person meetings and training with existing Continental customers to grow share of account
• Analyze customer and market conditions in assigned territory to identify sales opportunities
• Assist sales managers in the development and execution of sales strategy within geographic areas of responsibility
• Determine weekly travel schedule based on territory sales strategy and individual goals
• Ensure the success of product launches and consumer promotions through effective communication and coordination of digital and point-of-sale marketing materials with customers
• Plan and attend customer events such as NCAA Basketball games, Major League Soccer games, and BMW Performance Driving School
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Sales Incentive Bonus
• Company Vehicle
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor's degree or completion of a Bachelor's degree by December 2021
• Must be open to relocation within 6-8 months of start date - once the training program is completed you will be required to relocate to a major U.S. market. Recent territory assignments have included Los Angeles, CA, New York, NY, Washington, D.C., and Dallas, TX.
• Ability to travel over 50%
• Valid Driver's License
• Thrives in new and dynamic settings
• Assumes ownership and responsibility for individual contributions
• Has a passion for working with diverse teams to deliver results
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now or in the future for this job opening.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or Sales